ADDITIONAL UNIFORM REGULATIONS & ACCESSORIES
● All uniforms must be in good condition, properly hemmed, appropriately sized, and not faded or torn.
● Sweaters and Coats purchased from Dennis or school-approved athletic and activities jackets and outerwear (spirit pack items) with the JC logo are permitted to be worn during the day on Friday in place of uniform sweaters/jackets
● No hooded sweatshirts/jackets of any kind may be worn in the school building during school hours.
● Tennis shoes and canvas shoes with light rubber soles will not be allowed as dress shoes.
● Students are prohibited from wearing hats/caps or head coverings (such as bandanas).
● White turtlenecks and long sleeve undershirts may only be worn underneath the long sleeve Oxford shirts. Undergarments worn underneath the uniform shirt must not be visible through the uniform shirt.
ACCESSORIES Jewelry must complement the neat, clean, and modest appearance, which the uniform conveys. Items such as earrings, necklaces, rings, or watches that distract from this desired appearance will be subject to removal at the discretion of the classroom teacher or administration, and disciplinary action may follow.
Other forms of dress accessories that tend to be “faddish” in nature are unacceptable. Gentlemen
● Gentlemen may wear one simple necklace; no more than two rings and a watch. Earrings for gentlemen are not allowed.
● Gentlemen are not permitted to wear belt chains, wallet chains, or any excessive bold jewelry while representing the school in any capacity. This includes extracurricular and athletic events on or off campus. Ladies
● Ladies’ jewelry must be simple and limited to one earring no bigger than a quarter in each ear and in the lobe only. One simple necklace is permitted to be worn. Choker style necklaces are not permitted.
● Ladies are permitted to carry a small, modest purse for personal items throughout the day.
● Ladies are not permitted to wear bandanas, head wraps, scarves, or any other headwear that adds superfluous style to the student’s appearance. Ladies may wear headbands and ribbons that coordinate with the modest style and colors of the school uniform.
● Ladies are not permitted to wear belt chains, wallet chains, or any excessive bold jewelry while representing the school in any capacity. This includes extracurricular and athletic events on or off campus.