Preview Day Marketing Toolkit
Dear Cavalier Families,
We hope this message finds you well. As you know, John Carroll Catholic High School is a nurturing environment that values the education of the whole person; in the model of Christ, academic excellence, and achievements in athletics and arts. We are grateful for your continuous support and the love you show towards our school and students.
As our school grows, we are excited to announce the upcoming Cavalier Preview Day 2023. This event is a fantastic opportunity for interested families to experience the exceptional Catholic secondary education we offer.
With that said, we need your help to spread the word! We understand the power of personal testimonies and we thought, who better to share their experiences than our wonderful families? Please consider referring a friend and use the marketing toolkit we've included below to make sharing easier. You will find an email template, text messaging images, social media images, and general talking points about the school.
Your positive experiences and testimonies are the best endorsement for John Carroll and they provide credible evidence of the excellent work we do here, and the love we have for our students and our school.
Thank you for being amazing ambassadors of John Carroll. Let's spread the word together and make Cavalier Preview Day 2023 the best one ever!
God Bless & Go Cavs!
Ronald Steele, Principal
Dear (Insert Name),
I would like to invite you to John Carroll Catholic High School's Cavalier Preview Day 2023. This event is specially tailored for:
1. Families of current 5th grade students and older who are considering future education opportunities.
2. Current 8th grade students and families (Class of 2028).
3. Potential transfer students (January 2024 and August 2024 transfers)
Cavalier Preview Day 2023 will take place on Sunday, November 5th, from 1pm to 3pm at JCCHS (300 Lakeshore Parkway, Birmingham). This is a wonderful opportunity for you and your family to get to know more about our school, meet our community of student ambassadors, faculty, coaches, staff, and alumni, tour the school, learn about our academic programs, and become informed about tuition and tuition assistance. Additionally, our principal Ronald Steele and our president Father Jon Chalmers will be available to chat and answer any questions you might have.
As a Catholic high school, John Carroll forms young people who are inspired by a passion for learning and seek to lead lives of significance in service to God and others. John Carroll is flourishing and we invite you to come see why!
We look forward to seeing you there. Don't miss this opportunity!
M.Ed, Administration & Supervision, Marymount University 2022
THE JOHN CARROLL EXPERIENCE
- Cavalier Students Come From: 29 Birmingham Neighborhoods > 11 Municipalities in Jefferson County > 7 Counties in Alabama
- 19 AP Classes Offered
- Dual Enrollment Opportunity with the University of Alabama and Auburn University
- VIDAL Access (in-school ACT prep, career prep, college consulting)
- 6 Faculty/Staff who hold Doctorate Degrees
- 25 Faculty/Staff who are alumni
- 3 World Languages (Latin/Spanish/French)
- 76 State and National Championships across 15 sports
- Approximately 75% of our student body and 2/3 of our faculty and staff practice the Catholic in over 30 different parishes across the Birmingham area
- Approximately 25% of John Carroll students are non-Catholic and our students attend 90+ churches and places of worship
- We have two priests who serve our school in leadership positions and we have two Dominican Sisters of St. Cecila who teach in our school
- We have weekly school-wide Mass (we come together as a school community every Thursday morning at 9:15am). Families and guests are welcome to attend.
- Morning and afternoon prayers
- Off-campus student-led Retreats are held for each grade (Sophomores commit to a day of service on Sophomore Serve Day)
- All students must meet service hour requirements each year, with year-round on-campus and off-campus service opportunities
- Our Campus Ministry program provides opportunities for worship, servant leadership, and spiritual growth for all students. Campus Ministry isn't just a class - it's a campus-wide experience!
- Fine Arts opportunities through choir, visual arts, marching band, jazz band, fall play, and spring musical
- 30+ student-led clubs and activities
- Student developed personal growth plans and small group mentoring
JCCHS BY THE NUMBERS: #weareachievers
1 - National Merit Finalist (Class of 2023)
3 - National Merit Semi-Finalists (Class of 2023)
1 - U.S. Presidential Scholar (Class of 2023)
15 - AP Scholars with Distinction (Class of 2022 & 2023)
92% - Most recent AP Language Pass Rate
100% - Percentage of the Class of 2022 & 2023 who are attending two or four year colleges/universities or serving our country
12 - Collegiate Student-Athletes (Class of 2023)
11,100+ - Hours of service recorded by the Class of 2023 during their four years of high school