John Carroll Catholic High School is a dynamic center of learning located in Birmingham, Alabama, with a mission of evangelization through quality education. Commitment to excellence in all things for the glory of God is what motivates the many hardworking and energetic employees who come from diverse backgrounds to work at John Carroll. Since 1947, John Carroll has been an educational leader in the City of Birmingham and continues to set standards for excellence among schools in the southeast.
Any interested candidates should email Principal Anthony Montalto with resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Job Openings:
The duties include but are not limited to:
- Exhibits positive human relations skills.
- Facilitates positive relationships between students and staff.
- Evaluates the educational program and/or student progress.
- Communicates with parents/guardians, colleagues, and community groups.
- Demonstrates proficiency in written and oral communication.
- Maintains and submits records and reports.
- Adheres to school system rules, administrative procedures, local board policies, and state and federal rules and regulations.
- Engages in personal professional growth and demonstrates professional ethics and leadership.
- Implements the school guidance curriculum.
- Guides and counsels groups and individual students through the development of educational and career plans.
- Counsels small groups and individual students with problems.
- Maintains hard copy and electronic folder of counseling documents for purposes of state monitoring.
- Maintains confidentiality and privacy of students' records.
- Consults with teachers, staff, and parents regarding the developmental needs of students.
- Refers students with severe problems to appropriate community resources in consultation with their parents.
- Participates in, coordinates, or conducts activities which contribute to the effective operations of the school.
- Evaluates and revises the building guidance program.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the principal.
- Must have a Valid Alabama Teaching Certificate in School Counseling.
- Master’s Degree in School Counseling preferred.
- Teaching experience is preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties include but are not limited to:
- To be responsible for providing an athletic program that is functionally responsive to the sport being taught and to the needs of the participating students.
- To assign and supervise the students participating in the sport.
- To assume the management responsibilities for organizing and conducting a sequential athletic program.
- To ascertain that student athletes are in physical condition to participate in the sport program.
- To provide instruction and training in the rules and regulations of the sport being taught.
- To teach the students the necessary techniques and skills for achieving success in the sport.
- To be familiar with laws, rules, and regulations governing sports so that the sport program is in compliance with school and district policy, regulations, and Title IX.
- To provide leadership in creating healthful human relationships that will provide a suitable climate for learning and participation.
- To order, purchase, and keep all equipment up to the standards needed.
- To be responsible for adequate safety conditions to ensure participating students against injury.
- To attend job-related meetings and activities specified by the principal or the district administration.
- To perform those non-instructional duties and responsibilities, including supervisory and advisory duties, as may be prescribed by the Board of Education.
- To attend ALL required AHSAA meetings.
- To complete ALL AHSAA requirements for coaching
- To be knowledgeable in the AHSAA eligibility rules and C2C.
- To promote and support student-athletes in all aspects of obtaining athletic scholarship opportunities at various colleges and universities.
- SUBMITTING ELIGIBILITY ROSTERS. At least two days before an athletic contest, a complete roster must be submitted online in C2C.
- ALL coaches must adhere to proper protocol when reporting athletic concerns.
- Other Duties as assigned
Minimum of three years of verifiable sport specific coaching experience. Knowledgeable of the Emergency Action Plans for each facility. Prior to working with any student-athlete (practice or competition), coaches must meet ALL requirements of the AHSAA Coaches’ Education Program:
- Coaching Principles (NFHS or ASEP)
- Sports First Aid Health & Safety for Coaches (ASEP or PREPARE)
- STAR Sportsmanship
- NFHS Concussion course
- A degree in Physics or related science
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Highly effective teacher
- Desire to improve personal and departmental standards
- Ability to show innovative teaching strategies to engage students
- Effective communication skills with a proven ability to build a positive and collaborative rapport with pupils, parents and staff alike
- Excellent presentation skills.
- High standard of subject knowledge and a genuine enthusiasm for the subject
- IT and administrative skills
- Motivation to work with young people in the classroom
- Ability to make and implement decisions despite challenge
- Excellent practitioner and advocate of modern teaching and learning methods including the use of mobile technology