AFTER-SCHOOL COLLEGE BOOT CAMP
(exclusively for JCCHS Seniors)
August 11 (3:20pm-5pm - Library)
College Overview Session + ACT Success
* Which admissions factors do colleges care most about?
* Understanding Financial Aid & Scholarships
* How to be successful for your upcoming ACT exam
August 18 (3:20pm-5pm - Library)
Writing Your Personal Statement
* Economics of the Personal Statement
* The Good vs. the Bad
* How to begin your college Essay (or re-start it)
* Theme-building for a rich essay
August 25 (3:20pm-5pm - Library)
Supplemental Essays + Rec Letter Overview
* Examining "Why Us?" essays
* Analyzing "Why do you want to do, what you want to do?" essays
* How to support your hardworking teachers for more fruitful recommendation letters?
September 1 (3:20pm-5pm - Library)
The Beginning of College Swag Lab Season!
* Need help with your essay? Resume? Activities List? ACT? College List?
* No matter your need swing by the library to work alongside your peers on anything college-related.
* Mr. Bev will be available to provide individualized support!
There will be an encore series beginning Saturday, August 14th (10am-noon) via Zoom!
Questions? Contact Mr. Bev at firstname.lastname@example.org!